Now that this small newsletter platform has joined forces with this giant with hundreds of millions of readers, many hope for a solution to one of the newsletter’s biggest problems: discovery.
Many creators and publishers already are on Twitter and have a large following there. And combining Twitter and Revue will offer an amazing opportunity for them to grow their newsletter list.
- First, signing up for a newsletter will be trivial given the fact Twitter already has your email address.
- Second, Twitter can surface interesting newsletters within the Twitter app; it can also create a reader experience on a separate tab.
- Third, Twitter can leverage the fact that (almost) all readers are logged in to transparently manage free previews, trials, etc.
- Fourth, Twitter can promote your newsletter to all of your followers over time without you needing to shamelessly (or shamefully) beg them to subscribe.
- Fifth, Twitter can seamlessly incorporate newsletters into promoted tweets, and charge against future revenue — which, of course, it can perfectly measure.
, COO of Vox Media (a Revue user), echoed this sentiment from a publisher perspective.